These Snacks Will Help You Feel Energized and Productive!
Studies have shown that eating smaller and more frequent meals throughout the day can ease ADHD symptoms by keeping your blood sugar steady. This helps with attention, memory, and filtering distractions.
During the workday, you may want to reach for something with Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. Many studies indicate that Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids can help curb symptoms of ADHD like distractibility and impulsivity.
Here are 10 quick snacks to help give your brain and energy level a boost during the workday:
- Hard boiled eggs: It only takes 5-10 minutes to boil eggs. (Did you know that you can even make them in your air fryer?) Keep in the fridge to grab and go!
- Walnuts: Walnuts are full of healthy fats including omega-3s.
- Blueberries: Research has found a link between a diet rich in blueberries and faster learning, sharper thinking, and improved memory retention.
- Whole wheat crackers with peanut butter
- Seaweed: Give it a try! Dried seaweed snacks are readily available.
- Veggie Sticks with Hummus: Chickpeas are ideal for cognitive health.
- Dark Chocolate: Having a bit of dark chocolate is a good way to treat yourself with a boost of antioxidants.
- Edamame: Soybeans in the raw are an efficient way to get Omega-3 proteins. Click here for quick-cooking suggestions.
- Cashews: Another nut that is high in Omega-3 and easy to buy packaged and ready to eat. One study showed that cashews also reduce blood pressure and raise “good” cholesterol levels.
- Avocado: Guacamole anyone? Or try this recipe for Avocado Brownies!
Remember to develop a nutrition plan that focuses on fresh ingredients and is low in added sugar and processed foods.